Thursday, June 18, 2009

Verdict on rice

I made my old, usual rice congee, otherwise known as "jook" today for lunch. In the past, congee seemed harmless, but his face was a bit worse and now, he's down to one patch and it's easier to identify the culprits. My report - his chin was NOT better after rice congee with sardines, veggies & onions. Even the kale in it didn't help. Of course it could be the violation of the food combo rule too - no starch with protein. Or both.


Last night before bedtime
(finally got pic out of camera)

This morning
After nap


Hard to see in the pic, but the spot last night was less red. This morning, it started opening up again and remained so.


Dinner is broccoli & carrots with Almondaise (almonds, olive oil blended to a mayo-like consistency) and some spices. Broccoli is acidic, carrots and almonds are alkaline. If this doesn't get his chin better, then I will follow the acid-alkaline theory as well.


But my faith in the fungal theory is definitely growing. Some extra Limu and silica tonight I think.

No comments: