Tuesday, June 16, 2009

End-of-day update

I am such a poor scientist. I let my DS have eggs (hard boiled), cheese (raw, cow, organic) and almonds (soaked) all in one day - today. Of course, his face was slightly worse after his nap and I have no clue which of these foods caused it or if it was a combination of things. I always do this.


Almonds are not "kosher" on the anti-fungal diet, but they are perfectly legal in alkaline/acid, raw, whole foods/all-natural, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian/vegan diets and on the SCD (special carbohydrate diet), which is targeted for autistic children. Almonds are alkaline, which is good. We are too acidic. And almonds are raw, so they contain their own enzymes - MAYBE. Up until March (or is it June? of this year 2009, almonds were raw. Now they are pasteurized, in the worst way or maybe just flash pasteurized, which supposedly maintains some enzymatic activity. Who knows. My almonds were from Costco, so probably not flash pasteurized, but how bad could they be? Could/would Costco or any reputable store/company risk a complaint of indigestibility or a toxic liver load due to the pasteurization of almonds? Is that worse than the risk of salmonella/E. coli, which presumably is the reason for this law to pasteurize almonds? Even though all almonds in the U.S. are pasteurized, it is perfectly legal to say on the bag, "RAW almonds." Huh? No wonder everyone badmouths the FDA. I'd move to Canada if it wasn't so cold over there. But I digress. Dried fruits and nuts supposedly have mold, aka fungus, on their surfaces, so they are not good. So it could be the almonds. I think it could very well have been the almonds, as I'm going with the fungal theory now.


Eggs and cheese - well, they get a lot of bad rap, except at mercola.com and westonaprice.org, where eggs are supreme protein sources, but only from free range chickens and semi-raw preferably or egg yolk raw, egg white semi-cooked. I don't think anyone in my neighborhood has hens in their backyard, but I could be the first and it wouldn't be in a backyard but in my garage or patio. No, but I use Eggland's Best eggs, the yellow styrofoam container (organic, cage free, omega-3, whole nine yards - from Costco), they were hard boiled and my son ate 1.5 of them, split them with his sister. Donna from eczema.net and Donia from eczema-natural-healing.com say goat cheese is preferable or not harmful for eczema sufferers. For me, the verdict is still out about goat dairy due to my prior experience with goat milk. I also wasn't sure about the raw factor, how much that plays a part in the indigestibility/allergy and how hard is it to find raw goat cheese? Almost impossible, at least as far as general supermarkets are concerned. So I went with raw organic cow cheese. It was his first time for both eggs (white) and cheese, so if I go with the allergy theory, they would be the culprit.


Oh yeah, one more thing about cheese - the ones made in the U.S. contain supposedly aluminum (?) and aluminum is supposedly linked to alzheimer's and other undesirable illnesses. My raw organic cheese is made in the U.S., but I occasionally buy foreign cheeses. Because of this information, I got rid of my cheap aluminum rice cooker pot and opted for the chemicals in a nonstick rice cooker instead.



Will wait until tomorrow to take a pic, crossing my fingers that his chin will be as good as it was this morning.

No comments: